LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pavan kumar (CS Trainee)     27 September 2012

Jurisdiction to file compliant under motor vehicle claim

Esteemed members of the Forum,

Whether motor accident claim can be filed anywhere in india? Please let me know the recent judgement on the same


 9 Replies

A.SUMATHY 9380902017 (LAWYER)     27 September 2012

not required for judgment i.e. law

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 September 2012


Motor Accident Claims Tribunals deal with claims relating to loss of life/property and injury cases resulting from Motor Accidents. There are eleven MACT Courts in Tis Hazari apart from four Courts in Karkardooma Courts Complex and three in Patiala House. The Claims are to be directly filed in the concerned Tribunal. 

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     19 November 2012

motor acccident claim filing juridictions  two options>>  where petitioner residence or where accident occurs .....not anywhere in india

surjit singh (Assistant)     21 November 2012

Mr shah is correct, but  a clarificaton is needed,  if an accident happens in Mumbai and the claimant is living in delhi in that case I think it cannot be filed outside the state it should be in the State of Maharastra.

A.SUMATHY 9380902017 (LAWYER)     23 November 2012

no you can file any where in india

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     29 January 2013

Originally posted by : A.SUMATHY 9380902017

no you can file any where in india

you are wrong


The MAC can be filed anywhere in India without/irrespective of Jurisdiction.

milesmaxx (Employee)     02 September 2013

You can  file complaint anywhere in India under motor vehicle.

If you want to file the claim as soon as possible with your insurance company. Even if it is not your fault, your insurance company will handle the claim process as your advocate.


Miami Beach Real Estate

patrick george (Advocate)     27 March 2014




under section 166(2) of THE MOTOR VEHICLES ACT, 1988 the claim can be filed either in the place of accident or in the place where the claimant resides.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query