Upgrad LLM

jurisdiction of courts (munsiff/subjudge/district

Retired employee.

To set aside a decree obtained by a fraud, the value of the document at the time of decree and execution was Rs.22,000/- in 1964 and Subodinate judge decreed the suit. The fraud came into light in 2014

To set aside the decree issued by Sub-judge for Rs.22,000/- value of document in 1964, kindly inform the jurisdiction of competent court in which suit has to be filed.

Munsiff Court as value then was Rs.22,000/- (Value of document) and his jurisdiction NOW  is upto Rs.1,00,000/

Subordinate Court as the earlier decree was given by subjudge ( Now  Over Rs.1 lakh upto Rs.10 lakh)

or District Court, as some higher authority has to set aside a decree obtained by fraud.(over Rs.10 lakh)


Set aside has to be done in sub ordinate court, or an appeal can be made to high court, that too with the leave of court.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x