LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legaljoe68 (member)     20 October 2011

Jurisdiction of civil courts oversteping criminal court judg

can a judgement or order pronounced in a criminal case by High Court be overlooked by a civil court registry who accepts the same case now filed with civil angle.

what is the limitation in this case.

a case decided by the High Court can only be challenged in division bench or supreme court  . How civil court infringes into this jurisdiction . Any citiations on this .


 4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     20 October 2011

why not apply appeal or criminal review petition.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     20 October 2011

Please provide more facts.In certain cases both civil and criminal petitions might lie.




Shonee Kapoor


Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     21 October 2011

Dear Legaljoe68

I am agree with both my Ld. Friends


Case is not clear. Please describe properly sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register