LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajeshverma (business)     12 July 2014

Jugment meaning needed

https://elegalix.allahabadhighcourt.in/elegalix/WebShowJudgment.do?judgmentID=3407118

Can anyone tell who has lost the case above..

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

The petitioners who have filed for the prayer to  stop State level guides to working in the areas Governed by the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act 1958 in the district of Varanasi and Agra have won the case. All the respondents have carried out the orders by Supreme Court and High court favour in petitioner.

Regards

Thanks Deepak..

What can happen in favor of State Level Guides now ? If you know anyone who can fight the case in Allahabad High Court, please recommend..

(Guest)

Government of India for complying the guidelines of 2011 and the order passed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India dated 5.12.2012 issued a circular as per the request of Government Approved tourist guides association (Petitioner) dated 22.4.2013, File No.2.TT. 1(17)/2011 States that: 
"the State Level Guides are not entitled to operate in the monuments and sites which are regulated by the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act 1958, unless he passes the prescribed test." 

The above para has been taken from the order you have quoted. Its very simple written in here that state level guides can only operate after passing prescribed test (probably in the circular they must have mention details about that test) . So in my opinion the state guide can pass the given test to operate in said locations.  

This order is not directly against state level tourist but just added an extra qualifying test for them to operate in said locations. If you are against this order then you can go for a review and even if that fails (which is most likely as its a DB order and CJ itself is involved) then you can go for SLP in supreme court.

Thanks   Deepak

I have sent you a private message.  I may need your help regarding this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register