LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (Manager)     23 February 2010

Judgments denying maintenance to richwife

My wife has multiple maintenace cases against me to harass me. She is a well qualifed engineer with lakhs of rupees and flat. i need some judgments to deny her maintenance claim or reduce the hefy maintenance amount that she is asking. Request your rgent help. 


 6 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 February 2010

The provisions of law is very clear under Sub section 1 Clause (a) of section 125 of the CrPc that is (a) his wife unable to maintain herself. No citation is required if what you said is true. 

Anjali (IT)     23 February 2010

As Assumi said you don't need any citiation, all you need is : gather all the evidences that prove your wife is employed, rich, owns flat etc. These things are good enough to counter her maintenance case.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     23 February 2010

Law is clear as suggested by Asumi Sir, needs no citation.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     23 February 2010

sec 24 & 25 of HMA also have same tune.

but your anxity is also true. judges are inclined to wife side

legaljoe68 (member)     17 July 2010

arup sir is 100% right


u need proofs not citations. if u need citation read mamta jaiswal case , it is alone enuf with proofs of her assets and most importantly income.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query