Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anirban Chatterjee   08 October 2020

Judgement regarding regularization of Contractual Employees of M/s ONGC Ltd.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Honable Supreme Court of India has given a judgement, if any Contractual employees work continue 240 days, will be given permanent appointment
Therefore I am requesting you all, please anyone provide me the subject case number and Judgemental date.

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 October 2020

File RTI Application and seek such a certified copy.  Any of your friends or relatives can file such RTI Application online to ONGC.  You can also file such application to the Ministry of Legal Affairs, Sastry Bhavan, New Delhi 110 001  It costs Rs.10/- only

Information solicited.

1.Please provide me the certified copy of such judgment by the Supreme Court of India that ruled that contractual employees who completed 240 days must be given the permanent appointment.

According to my knowledge, it was a very, very old judgment and it was overruled and now as per SC judgments authorities do not have such powers and must adopt a process for recruitment and they may give a quota if they require.

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     09 October 2020

There isn't any Judgement like that. So many persons are working on temporary / casual/ or contractual basis today all over india in various govt organisations for years.

If you are working in ONGC you must have got the agreement/ contract/ appointment letter etc. and I don't think you have got it written like that.

Anirban Chatterjee   09 October 2020

Sir,

We are under contractor. Our contractor change in every two years, without break. We are working for last 14 years just like regular employees.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 October 2020

Someone is giving hopes.   You are outsourced/contracual employees and there is no hope/scope for regular employment.   Any one has to come only through approved way of laid down Recruitment policy...Test, interview, final selection in the normal course.  The maximum you may expect either relaxation in age or some qualifying marks.   You do not have even UNION/ASSOCIATION.   The purpose of outsourcing is to circumvent the recruitment process.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 October 2020

What is the source of your information? There is one judgment which could be accessed at  https://indiankanoon.org/doc/807037/ (G.M., O.N.G.C.,Shilchar vs O.N.G.C. Contractual Workers )...

Anirban Chatterjee   09 October 2020

Sir,

We are doing more than a permanent employee job for last 14 years without giving any break.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register