LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Stan (CEO)     27 March 2015

Judgement given - lawyer delaying getting verdict document

Dear Lawyers,


 We have filed a case against one of our relative who owes us sum of money for more than 7 years. When we gave the debt, we got the debt registered in stamp paper in front of local registration office.


  Our relative gave their land as the bond for the debt money we gave them.  After 4 years with no interest and principal paid to us, we went with legal action in 2012. Lawyer we hired didn't give us any case documents not even court case file number. After 2 years - last year July he said case Judgement is given. But - He is waiting for the case judgement documents for almost 1 year now.


  # This court is not computerised and not available in ecourts website portal. 

  #  Our lawyer is also forcing us indirectly to go for local mediation instead of waiting for this judgement paper.



 What is the procedure to get the judgement papers directly from the court bypassing our lawyer?


Thank you very much for your response.


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2015

Your contention raises lot of suspicions about your lawyer's version.  In my opinion, your lawyer would not have filed the suit at all, moreover since the debt and its recovery appears to be barred by limitation, the fact which might have been suppressed by your lawyer, I think you are heading to a road that never ends.  You ask your lawyer the case number and on getting it, you may approach the concerned court office directly, enquire about the case status from the dealing clerk or shrestidar of that court, if you find that your lawyer has cheated you without filing any case, you may think of initiating action against him through bar council as well as through local bar association too.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     31 March 2015

every case will have a number followed by filed year example x/2015 x is the case number of yours

so i think some number may have given by your lawyer to you or if not then you ask him to give the case number and enquire in civil court of your area you will get full particulars if he has given you the correct and filed number or initiate action against that lawyer directly without taking any other lawyers but you can give a complain in the bar council against that lawyer 

1 Like

Stan (CEO)     01 April 2015

Thank you very much Advocates.


It looks like simple common sense which we have lacked. 


Looks like, we need to take up this with the bar council definitely. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register