LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vishvesh (general manager)     13 April 2010

judgement / decree

judgement was given on 3rd april 2010. But i have not recd written copy of judgement and decree till today. I was told to come on 22nd april 2010. If i want to appeal in upper court i need written judgement and decree. Court has given me 1 month notice but how can i fullfill it if i do not have written copy. Can i ask for more time as court will go on may summer vacation  leave.

I also need advocate for allibaug maharashtra court.




 6 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     13 April 2010

You should have applied for certified copy of judgment and decree and the time spent in obtaining certified c opy will be deducted from the appeal period.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     14 April 2010

The time for filing appeal starts from the date of issuing copy of judgement and decree and not from the date of pronouncement.

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     14 April 2010

U mean u were given one month time to comply with the Judgment u can seek extention of time stating that u have appiled for certified copy of Judgment and u havent received the same u can file it at later part of this month.Limitation to file appeal starts from the date when the ceritifed copy is made ready u need to watch for the ready list of certified copies in concerned section after payment of stipulated fee to o batain certified copy.

vishvesh (general manager)     14 April 2010

thanks everybody for advice.


Minal (Assistant Lawyer)     14 April 2010

u have to apply for certified copies for judgement and decree and your appel period will start from receving of certified copies

girishankar (manager)     14 April 2010

Thank you sirs

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register