Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Torch bearer (Educational & Financial Consultant)     28 April 2014

Judgement being delayed in 498 a case

Dear Experts,

I just wish to know that for how long the judgement can be delayed as in my case since january this year I have been given 4-5 dates for final judgement but on every date it is postponed to another date.

Further, also please apprise about the minimum and maximum punishment to the accused persons under 498 a.

an earliest response shall be appreciated please.

regards

Learning

4 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     28 April 2014

Many times as court is over burden, hence some delay cause, so wait for some time and insist your lawyer to mention the court.

Three years punishment is there....

Punishment depends on the evidence before the court, there is no such minimum or maximum

All depends on court, its discretion.

Sreenivas V (S/W)     29 April 2014

Hi 

Why you are afraid if you did not do any mistake, if judgements comes aginst you you can still go to district court, then high court and then supreme court also. As long as you did not do any mistake don't afraid.

Unless you do really bad thing you will not be punished. But as always everywhere there is fraud, so if that happens you have higher courts.

Torch bearer (Educational & Financial Consultant)     29 April 2014

thank you Mahesh ji for your suggestions. Sreenivas V I am not the accused in the case but a complainant. I have not done any mistake but am a victim and matter of fear is that after about 20 years of struggle for justice culprits should not be acquitted. .....

R.Srinivasan (Advocate)     03 May 2014

Dear Experts, One of my friend want to go UAE, but he unable to go due to earlier he did not paid the Credit cargo Payments. so can you please help him and suggest him. He can go again to UAE? and HE ready to pay the all loans in UAe, once he got job over there. Await your kind comments.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register