Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju Laxman (defendant PIP)     30 June 2019

Judge not providing english version of fir and witnesses doc

I am a party in person and asked judge to give English version of FIR and Witnesses document and Judge asked to find a Lawyer?!  whereas I am not interested with any lawyer.. Please suggest .. do not try to understand why I am not interested in Lawyer which I am not going to answer you.


 7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 July 2019

First get a copy and get it translated by a person of your choice for your knowledge or from approved translator with such certificate as that document may have to be placed before some other authorities.  Every one has a role to play and it is not the Judge's duty.  File such application to Police and take a chance.

Raju Laxman (defendant PIP)     01 July 2019

Is it not the Court duty and Judge should order to deliver the documents .. if not why should  I leave our jurisdiction and travel to another state without money for a false case and taking the burden or party in person..  Police is the opponent and how come to get translated .. what if they again misused ?

Raju Laxman (defendant PIP)     01 July 2019

Mr. GLN Prasad, I did online with a lawyer she took 20 days, sent an incomplete document (even she collected advance amaount).. and the FIR has got lot of ambiguous statements and contradiction between FIR and witnesses.. why should I trust those translators..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 July 2019

Please understand the guidance.  First get those copies yourself under Police under Life or Liberty clause, then get it translated through trusted sources.  When you have stated that you are not interested in Advocates, I have never stated even a word on advocate.  Which is the state, as there may be very helpful members in the forum which can even offer voluntary service if you provide FIR No, and PS.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 July 2019

Instead of asking the judge to provide translated copies you ought to have moved a CMA requesting the Court to direct the prosecution to provide the copies of the documents translated into the language you can understand.

Mastan   31 July 2019

Dear Raju Laxman, on your next date of court adjournment file a petition by stating that ' you dont understand the language in the documents provided to your (FIR, chargesheet and 161 statements etc..) and so you are unable to understand why the charges framed against you and make a pray to the magistrate/judges that those documents to be supplied to you in English to render proper and equal justice otherwise you may incur irrepairable loss. This would works mostly and court may order its staff to provide such copies. Its a fundamental right of citizen under constitution. 

                   You can write to Superintendent of Police of that particular area also to provide the copies in English as you cant understand in the local language because you hail from other state. Try and Try all the ways. So that you can be the anchor to others who face similar problems. 

Mastan   31 July 2019

8. The learned counsel for the petitioner also cited Ayyasamy and another Vs. DSP/CBI/SCB/Chennai (Crl.R.C.Nos.1412 and 1413 of 2006 dated 17.04.2007) wherein my esteemed brother Hon'ble Justice K.N.BASHA, now, Chairman, Intellectual Property Board, Southern Region, Chennai under similar circumstances directed furnishing of translated version of certain document with the assistance of District Legal Services Authority. Also follow P.Venu Sir suggestion that pray the court to order the prosecution to provide such translated copies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query