Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shyam   18 March 2015

Joint tenancy ownership

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have 2 properties 1 in Gujarat and 1 in Maharashtra. I would like to convert the current single owner to Joint Tenancy. So that the surviving owner becomes the full owner without the need of a probate. Please can you tell me what documents I would need and the best way to do this.

Thank you,
Shyam

Learning

2 Replies

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     19 March 2015

Dear Client,

In case you want to add a co owner in the property you have to make undivided share of the property be gifted to the name of other spouse and if it is with in the blood relation or between the couple there will be a nominal gift deed charges be imposed for the registration of the Gift deed. This is the step one.

Now come to the step two, you both (You and the Co Owner of the Property made by the Gift deed) get made two cross registered relinquishment deeds by which one should relinquish his share to other and vis-versa. In this case the share part of the property of the person who dies will automatically be claimed by the other counter part  co owner and the property also will not be divided and will remain intact with the survivor after the death of one co owner of the property.

For further legal assistance on nominal charges, you can contact me on below mentioned address and Phone number, Please call after Court hrs to get a suitable appointment date and timing.

Advise, always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field. You can see my credentials on this very site for my appraisal.

for Anand Bali & Associates

Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court Of India,
High Courts of Delhi, Chandigarh, UP & UK.
For Civil, Criminal, Property, Recovery, Consumer,
Service, Divorce & Family Dispute Matters 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 March 2015

Executing a registered gift deed will be one option and another option will be to execute a registered release deed by one of the party in favor of the other joint owner in one property and vis-a-vis by relinquishing their rights accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register