LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prabakaran (Mechanical Engineer)     24 March 2014

Joint property sale by mother while son&daughter are minors

Ancient Agriculture land of about 16 acres was in joint property under me, my Sister & my mom. From that, My Mom have sold 2.5 acres of Land to My Aunt (Parameswari) during year 2000. We both (my self and My Sister) are Minors at that time. My Mom only made signature in that document and we both (my self and My Sister) have not signed the document since we are Minors. I become Major (completing 18 yrs of age) on 23/05/2004 and My sister sister become major on 2/6/2006 only. 

Kindly Confirm me whether this property sale is valid with out my self and My Sister signature?. Other than that, in the sale document it is clearly mentioned that they are giving some amount of money for supporting our school education and also they will settle my Father's Pending loans and borrowed amount from others which was took by my father when he was alive. They simply registered the land in my Aunt name and managing the same land.  

The loans and pending borrowed money which are mentioned above are settled by me only and not a single rupee settled by them. Also Until now they never gave money to me for the settled loan and settled borrowed amount. Now I wish to break this sale document and I wish to obtain the same land from them. Kindly confirm me whether it is possible to do so? I am ready to give the balance extra amount also but I need the land. Is it possible to get from them legally. More over those land patta documents are still in our name only. Only a sale document was registered in my aunt name. Is it a valid sale document or not? if I want to cancel the sale document what should I do?

Learning

1 Replies

Ramesh chand mangla' (propriter )     26 March 2014

If it is agricultural land check it from patwari weather she has change the status in her name if not you can file a suite.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register