LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sankar Panigrahi (Cost Manager)     05 September 2011

Joint family and individual incomes

I am staying in Orissa. We are hindu family. My father has 3 son (including me) and one daughter. Mother already died.

My father has some lands . Myself and one of my brother  are working in private company. I am staying in Mumbai and  purchasesd  a house there  from my salary . My yougest brother is  working in the land.

While doing the father's property partition , youngest brother is asking  to include my  house (in Mumabi) as family income and do the partition.

Can he demand my induvidal salary income as joint family income ?


 2 Replies

ravi shankar sharma (advocate)     05 September 2011

No not at all, he can't include your self acquired property into partition however if there is any objection regarding self acquisition of property you must be having all the relevant documents to establish the same.

I hope u got the reply.

R S Sharma

1 Like

Sankar Panigrahi (Cost Manager)     05 September 2011

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't understand the objection regarding self acquisition ?

The property is my name.

Can you please tell,  is there any recent changes to Hindu Undivided family law which permit to claim individual income as joint income ?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register