Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Enjaami Events   05 June 2023

Job Racket Recovery

Sir, In 2018, a known person tricked me and I gave 5 lakhs by saying that he would get me a foreign job. We spent only Rs.25,000 in bank transactions and the rest in hand. His current whereabouts are unknown. we asked his number to his wife but got no response. Can we file a police complaint against him and his wife and recover my money?


 7 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     06 June 2023

No recovery / other legal action can be inititated as the alleged transaction is barred by limitation.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 June 2023

You can file FIR , need some more documentray evidance or witnesses

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2023

You can lodge a criminal complaint against him for the offences of cheating, fraud, breach of trust etc, with the local police station.

Recovery can be possible only if you have evidence to prove it.

Enjaami Events   06 June 2023

Dr.Vashista said no legal action can be some as barred by limitations and others telling we can file complaint. which one is true and we are having WhatsApp chats screenshots for Canada foreign job as that person told. and only 25,000 we sent in bank to his friend and 25,000 we got from his wife's account last year. for balance 4,75,000 we have only WhatsApp chat as the cash is given in hand.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 June 2023

That is enough to frame the guy, just  take print outs of the watsup chat and file also get bank statement for the amount or trsnafer proof rest the police will do .You don' delay any more it is already too late, why have you been sleeping over the matter from long, he may be cheating many others. It is real scam

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 June 2023

One can reach out to the National Cyber Crime Reporting portal (Helpline Number -1930) to register any complaint about cyber crime, including cyber fraud. You can also contact the nearest police station to file your complaint. You can also file your complaint online through

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 June 2023

case appears fit enough for police coplaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register