Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MASTHAN (Self employeed)     24 May 2013

Job order and 498a

Hi All,

1. Me and all my other family were arrested in a 498A case in 2009 and we were in jail for about 60 hours (2.5 days)

2. six months ago, the 498A case was closed, the filer given hostile evidence in the court and we all were aquitted.

3. Now I got a central govt job. In the job order they asked me to mentioned whether I was arrested before in any case or not. 

4. Shall I mention about my 498A case details here or not?

5. How it effects my job if I could tell that I was arrested in a 498A case and I was aquitted from the same case?

Thanks,

Masthan

Learning

8 Replies

RAJESH KHANNA mob 09780573241 (AS PRATICE LAWYER AT LUDHIANA)     24 May 2013

show me copy of order passed u/s 498a then i will suggest how it is to be mention in your job application

Daksh (Student)     24 May 2013

Dear Mr.Masthan,

In all fairness it would be better to mention the details of the case and if so required please attach the copy of the judgement in the case as this is subject to scruitiny/verification.  Suppression of material fact may go against you otherwise furnishing the info will settle the issue for once and all.

Best regards

Daksh

498 A fighter (Advocate)     24 May 2013

just show your copy of orders challan submitted by police etc then only any suggestion will helpful to you as it give clear picture about the case, allegation and charges on ,

ajay sethi (lawyer)     24 May 2013

dont surpresss fact that you had been arrested in 498A case . you cna mention that 498A case had been filed and you have been acquitted in the said case .it wont affect your job prospects 

Praveen Goud Vanga (Advocate)     24 May 2013

Hi even though you were arrested in 498A case, the trial ended into an acquittal so you need not worry about it. but if you dont mention it that would be a problem. mention that there was a criminal case 498A and the trial ended into an acquittal

ashok trivedi (advocate)     24 May 2013

hiding fact wmay create another problem for you . Mention yes and section of arrest and attach aquittal order . Ihope there will be no problem in your selection on this ground .Ashok trivedi Advocate Navi mumbai

Dr G V Rao (Advocate)     24 May 2013

Yes...I agree with experts who say that you should reveal the fact....Please keep a copy of the information given and also enclose the copy of the acquittal ordera alongwith the form you are submitting.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 May 2013

you haver no choice.  You have to give truthful information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register