LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ronnie (network engineer)     21 August 2011

Job of advocate after fir

I am a student of 2nd year LLB.  For the knowledge purpose I am asking this question. If in future my client come to me and he is accused for fighting. Police FIR  is already lodged. Then what is the job of the advocate. How do i proceed for jamin and how to i represent his case.

 I want to know that from FIR till the judgement of the court what will be my task. And how do i perform it. Does any real case document are available.


Please guide me

 2 Replies

pratik (self working)     21 August 2011

it is a easy question.

rajguptacs (professional)     23 August 2011

1.  Take the copy of the FIR and find out under which section it has been registered under IPC.

2.  If the accused person has been arrested, take steps for release him on bail.

3.  The Court frames the Charge against the accused person under IPC for the alleged crime.

4.  Raise your point of law while framing the charge by the court.

5.  Examine the public witness to show that case is false/no case against client.

6.  Give evidence for defence of your client

7.  Support the case with citation and show the court that your client is innocent.

8.  Judgement by the Court

9.  Appeal in the matter if considered necessary. 


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query