Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SuperNuvos (Own)     14 January 2014

Jewellery stolen by wife

Hello Experts,

This is regarding the jewellery stolen by my wife which was given to her during our marruage by my relatives. We are married by Hindu Laws in June'2004. Soon after the marriage, we bought a locker in the bank to keep all jewelleries. Unfortunately, the provision of co-owned locker was such that it allowed independent operations by either of the co-owner.The keys were with my wife.

During the course of marriage, my wife carried out few operations on the locker without my knowledge,  I confirmed the independent operations by my wife from the bank. I suspect that she might have taken away most of the jewelleries with her allready or may have sold it.

Later after the above incidents, I instructed the bank not to allow independent operations by any of co-owner alone. It would mean neither my wife nor I can operate the locker independently.

My question is what kind of proceedings can I initiate against my wife as to know where the jewelleries are?

Learning

3 Replies

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     14 January 2014

if your locker operation with jointly than bank will responsible and if the operation is either or survivor means one of them then you have not chance to find it...

first you file a case or fir against him and your father in laws for theft of jewellery......and if your wife living with you can fir against the person which your wife sell or kept the jewelllery..

please send me more detaill

avadhesh 

SuperNuvos (Own)     21 January 2014

Avadesh ji,

Thanks for your advice.Sorry for replying late as I was unwell

I have now instructed the bank to not to allow any independent operations without bot of us being present in the bank for signatures for each operations. But, before my instructions, my wife has operated 3 times independently and I have no clue if she has left in the bank locker.

Even if I file FIR against her or her parents, can't they claim the "Stolen" jewellery as her streedhan?

In that case, can I do anything more?

ishita (Copywriter)     21 January 2014

Why did you not go and check your locker yourself when you found out about your wife having operated it? Besides are you guys in the midst of a divorce? Otherwise I do not see any reason why would you restrict your wife from operating the locker jointly owned by you. She is your wife and rightful owner of the jewelry and the locker so why does she need your permission incase she wants to wear that jewelry? Kindly specify if this query is in regards to divorce/separation/desertion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More