IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MASTHAN (Self employeed)     13 November 2011

Jamia-nizamia role in issuing the muslim divorce certificate


Almost one and half month ago I sent a letter to our KHAZI,  with complete explanation of the case (498A, MC case and the TALAQNAMA that we sent through our advocate) and at the end we said that the divorce is completed, so register the divorce and issue the divorce certificate or if you have any concerns for registering the divorce then please give us a complete explaining the reasons for not registering the divorce.
In this letter, I included Chief Justice of SC in the CC.
There is no response from the KHAZI for this letter, so 15 days back , I sent one more letter and in this letter I included a copy of previous letter and asked the same.
He responded to my second letter and asked us to meet him today. So today we approached him again expecting he is going to register the divorce but he given a twist to us.
He said that , "I can't register the divorce unless she accepts it and signs on the acceptance". So you settle the issue with her and come with mutual understanding. 
Otherwise, you go to HYDERABAD, and there is a very big university JAMIA-NIZAMIA , you go there with a MOULA and tell that I divorced my wife in the presence of two witnesses and issue the FATWA . Once  they issues the FATWA, one copy comes to me and one copy goes to her . And after receiving the FATWA I will issue the divorce certificate. 
Could you please let me know about JAMIA-NIZAMIA role in issuing the muslim divorce certificate at hyderabad and what is the procedure to get FATWA from JAMIA NIZAMIA


 2 Replies

shahryar (marketing)     29 January 2013

hi  sir  please can i hv ur contact num and email id i hv a similar case i got the fatwa ,need divorce certificate.my  email is msnawazish@gmail.com ,,,    my mob num   9701024466

Asma Meheraj   31 January 2023

Sir I want qula from my husband and he is not giving me talaq what should I do he is nt properly seeing me nt atleast my son my 1 year son I'm in very upset wat shud I do sir


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query