LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

online   10 August 2016

It pan for a society in kerala

In 49A form for PAN a Non Profit registered under Societies Act is whether an Association of Persons or Body of Individuals? For both cases said it is mandatory to give Residence Address. which and whos address shoud give? Which document will give as address proof? The certification of registration of society is in regional language and it contains any address. As I select residence address as communication address, Is it possible my ration card or aadhar make a proof of address?

Learning

5 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     13 August 2016

You can provide address Proof of President of Cooperative housing Society where the  society normally  conducts its business such as holding meetings etc. for PAN Card.Wichever place the society regularly meets for its business that address proof you've got to provide. Your Voter ID, Your Driving Licence, Passport etc cna be provided as address proof if you are the  President of Copoperative Society Housing Association for PAN Card Purposes.

Go through the following case. It may be useful for you.

Delhi High Court
Naresh Kumar Gupta vs Registrar Cooperative Societies ... on 14 September, 2009
Author: Badar Durrez Ahmed

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     13 August 2016

Whoever is the President of cooperative Housing Society orf Association that person's residential Address proof you'll have to provide.

online   16 August 2016

Thank you for your response. But I want to know about a non profit registered under (Literary, Scientific or Charitable) societies act. The website of NSDL shows, Copy of Agreement or copy of certificate of registration number issued by charity commissioner or registrar of cooperative society or any other competent authority or any other document originating from any Central or
State Government Department establishing identity and address of such person. We have only certification of registration from registrar of societies which is not including an adress. Can we provide that person's residential Address proof which is given as registered Adress to the registrar?

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     16 August 2016

Dear Cl;inet,

As for as my knowledge goes President or Secretaty's residential address of the  coperative Housing  Society  or Association sashould be given as address proof. If you think Registrar's addr residential address Proof should be given  then  furnish his residential address details. If you wish to thank me please  click the  thank you button on this forum or my profile.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     16 August 2016

I think registrar of cooperative society's residential address should be given as address proof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register