Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     06 November 2010

Istridhan To Be Shown?

Hello!

I have a query on ISTRIDHAN.

If a woman with taxable/non taxable income submitting IT Return, has wealth in the form of Istridhan, is it mandatory for her to divulge it or not? If yes, what is the proper column in IT form?

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

No there is no column in IT return for divulging the streedhan

(Guest)

Streedhan being a Hindu sacrament  is not taxable.

Shayan Khan (B.com)     07 November 2010

No, it is not required to disclose the same....

Jagadeesh Birkodikar (Proprietor)     07 November 2010

No, there is no need to  disclose “Streedhana”.  But when question arises regarding status of certain wealth that whether its “Streedhana”  or not, then burden of proof lies on assessee. So take care. Maintain adequate proofs which could prove the fact.

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     07 November 2010

unique problem here!!

In laws have submitted false dowry charges 2 harass hubby in police. The have made claims to have given large quantity of gold to the girl during marriage ceremonies. Acting smartly, they have put name of her mother (who is no more now); that she gave all that gold to the daughter. Their own IT returns will not speak of such large wealth.

I know that the mother too regularly submitted IT returns while she was alive. I think  they will claim that the gold in question was her mother's ISTRIDHAN only. Is there any way to bust their false allegations?

S K Bhatnagar (Proprietor)     08 November 2010

Hello,

You have asked a very nice question, Istridhan is an asset which is not forming any kind of Income as per Income TAx Rules , So it is not necessary nor it is mendatory for submitting any information regarding same.

S K Bhatnagar

Jagadeesh Birkodikar (Proprietor)     09 November 2010

OIC,,,,,,

Its not an Income Tax problem then. Its a dowry case. You need to consult a lawyer who is expert in such matters. Income Tax returns and other things may just be supporting evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register