Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uday Kumar (Software)     30 May 2016

Issues with tenant

Hi,

Currently i have rented out my 1BHK house located in Bangalore(ITPL) from APR-2016 and tenant is an employee of MNC company.

After moving to our 1BHK house (on APRIL 1st week) tenant stayed in that house for 2-3 days and then she(Tenant) visited to her home town(chennai). Now It's been almost 2 months , she hasnt paid rent to us and her mobile is switched off most of the times when we try to reach her bangalore contact number.

Once in may, we were lucky to get her on phone and we have asked her to vacate the house by end of month and she mentioned that she would be visiting bangalore and can discuss details personally.She did visited bangalore last week of May and we expected her to stopby to discuss the formalities. But to our surprise, that didnt happend, she is now back to chennai after staying in our house for 2-3 days and her mobile is switched off.

Now, whats the proecdure i should be following to vacate tenant. She is not paying rent and we dont have any rental agreement.Even if i want to serve her eviction notice, i dont have her permanent address to serve the notice.

Lawyers from bangalore , please advice me the procedures.

Thanks,

Uday Kumar

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     30 May 2016

Sir, 

Issue legal notice and then seek eviction through the court of law. Don't seek the help of unlawful channels to get the same done. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Uday Kumar (Software)     30 May 2016

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your prompt response!

In my case i dont have the address of the tenant, should i be sending eviction notice to the one they have rented now?

After serving them notice to my address, what would be next steps in the procedure? lets assume they are not responding to the notice is the case.

Regards,

Uday Kumar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register