Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepa   17 February 2015

Issue with tenant

Hi all 

I have a property in maharastra after marriage i settled in chennai and rented the property. My tenant is not paying rent, maintenance and electricity bill for past 7 months.i called the EB Customercare regarding this. as per the website that they have its written clearly that due to non payment of bill power will be cut in 2 months. but still no action is taken. if i complaint to the Eb and if they cut the power will it be wrong in the eyes of Law. pls advice

thanks deepa

Learning

6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     17 February 2015

you cant complaint to eb to cut the power.nowadays its been instructed to police not to meddle in these rent related issues for its purely civil matters.if you have made an agreement with the tenant then issue a legal notice asking  him to vacate the premises for u need it for bonafide personal use.if he doesnt respond to it file a eviction suit in the civil court.

deepa   17 February 2015

Can you pls tell me how long will it take to evict him also i heard he has to deposit the arrears and current rents to court 

My concern is the duration it will take

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     17 February 2015

Nobody can confirm you the duration because its purely depend on court proceedings.

deepa   22 February 2015

if i stop the electricity what will happen sir

(Guest)

it will be criminal case if you withhold basic amenities like power and water to the tenant..better sending a legal notice followed up a eviction notice..

deepa   28 February 2015

Does it mean that I can be jailed for this? Please be specific with yes or no

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register