Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SURENDHARAN S   13 March 2023

Issue with society procedures and by-laws

Dear Experts,

I am from Hyderabad, Telangana and reside in a gated community comprising of 109 flats. Its a one year old complex and the society was registered to obtain corpus and municipal water. during registration of welfare society the bylaws that were written were

1. promoting cultural activities

2. promoting harmony

3. promoting health and welfare camps.

These are only aims and objectives and nothing else was written for by-laws.

Now the existing office bearers want to bring about changes in society like re-elections, using corpus fund interest etc.

Please let me know if they can go ahead with any of this without first amending the by-laws and creating proper by-laws. What can I do if they indulge in any activities without proper by-laws?

regards

Suren

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 March 2023

Any suggestion depends upon the Law under which the Society is registered.

1 Like

SURENDHARAN S   13 March 2023

Dear Sir, Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify "the Law under which the Society is registered" does this mean By-laws of soeciety or any other judicial /state/ local laws? 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 March 2023

The societies Registration Act, 1860 amended as No.35 of 2001, may change in aims & objects, name, or rules and regulations of the bylaws with a 3/5th or 2/3rds majority approval in General Body meeting.  Consult the District Registrar concerned.  or login into Regn.Telangana/igrs.telangana if it is properly responding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register