Issue with Credit Credit card settlemet

Hi - I have a unique problem. My mother applied for a card in 2002 and used it till 2007. post which she continued to pay the minimum due amount for 2 yrs. However, the interest and principle kept mounting till we negotiated a settlement with the Bank. Amount of  negotiated for settlement of 15000.

While the amount of 15k was paid up, the letter mentioned an amount of 20 k as paid towards settlement. The recovery executive asked us to keep the letter and would return the next day with the letter mentioning the correct amount. He never did return. It has been 1 year since this has happened and now we start getting calls from the Bank about the whole amount being due. Stating that the earlier sum was paid towards maintaing the interest and not settlement and interest has built up in the last 1 year.

My question is, can i hold this letter against the bank?  i need to action this quickly before things start getting worse. Please help me in this regard





Dear Sir,

I want to change my name B.NARESH REDDY to BARLA NARESH REDDY in SSC(10th) Marks Memorandum.What is the process to change the name.I want to apply for PassPort.

Reply as soon as possible.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x