Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Theja (inheritance property)     27 December 2012

Issue on inheritance property

Hello Sir this is Sai Teja S

Issue regarding Inheritance Property- To say in brief my grand father had married trice,for the 1st wife no children and she died because of health problem,his 2nd wife is my grand mother had given birth to 3 children in that one died during child age and two are remainig one is my dad and the other is my mother in grand mother died due to health problem.after that my grand father had married again and given birth to 1 girl died in small age due to bad health,the 3rd wife of my grnd pa adopted one girl from her cousins family. now the problem is my grand pa never treated my father properly, during my father marriage he gave 30 acres of land to my father thats it, in the same way he gave some area of land to my mother in law also,for the adopted one he gave the assets of his 3rd wife everything was fine still then.he(grand pa) is holding 9 more acres and used to say that he will give it to my dad,but he failed his promise and gave to his third wife and after her death to the sons of adopted child.  here my query is that can we get the property according to the law?? In which way it is correct giving land to the adopted child leaving own ones -plz say something about this

                                              thanking you in advance

with regards


 3 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     27 December 2012



An adopted child is as good as a natural born in terms of all legal rights....If the said property is self earned property of you grand father ( ancestral otherwise), he has full right to dispose it the way he wants...






ABHISHEK KUMAR VATSA (Freelancer)     30 December 2012



hi theja


An adopted child have all legal rights.And in case property earned by your grandfather is self acquired property he can deal with it as he wants.




Theja (inheritance property)     07 February 2013

Sir The thing here is that he didnt adopted also there are no legal documents regarding that We are thinking to lodge a complaint in court. when do we do this in his prensence or after his death..?? With regards Theja S

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register