LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja   05 January 2016

Issue in name


My name in my Passport, educational certificates, government id proofs is "ABC" ,i.e, only the first name and lastname is blank.

Do I need to change my name and have complete name bearing First and Last name for aplying visa in abroad, specifically USA. If I change my name in my passport then do I have to change my name in all educational certificates, and govt. ids.?

I already have an affidavit which states that ABC and ABC XYZ is a same person.

And can I change my name from another state?

What sould be the solution to avoid problem as there is a huge confusion because I dont if it will create a problem with single name in USA. But as i have went through various articles it states that they create a huge problem in all those governmental formalities though i have the affidavit but I dont know If they would accept it there or not?


 2 Replies

Ariana   12 July 2016

First of all you have to decide that what is your actual name is after that, YES! You will have to change your name from your all documents I work in Affordable SEO Company Sacramento in USA I will talk to them if he can give any solution so I will tell you.

Martin Patterson   07 September 2023

In the article, the individual mentions having only their first and last name on their passport, educational certificates, and government ID proofs. They are concerned about applying for a visa to the USA and wonder if they should change their name to include both their first and last names. What should they do to avoid potential issues with this discrepancy, even though they have an affidavit confirming the two names are the same person?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register