Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ethir esen (System Engineer)     23 August 2018

Issuance of birth certificate

Dear Sir,

I have a situation with my birth date. My parents didn't use the Chennai Corporation issued birth certificate for my school admission to facilitate my admission into the school a year earlier than later. Chennai Corporation registered my birth as Aug-02-87 which I can still see in their website but my school, college, passport, aadhar, voter, licenseVisa etc. etc., everything has Jul-26-87 as my birth date.

At this point, I have an immediate need of submitting my birth certificate, which I don't have, for immigration purposes with Canadian govt. I don't have an opportunity to change my birth date in all my documents as I am sure it will take years to get them corrected. All my life I had used my tenth mark sheet in place of birth certificate but the immigration process definitely needs my birth certificate.

Is there a way to prove the corporation that I was born on Jul26 and my birth was unregistered at that time so I can get one now? If yes,

1) What is the procedure?

2) Which kind of lawyer do I need to work with?

3) How long can the process take?

Looking forward to your advice, Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     23 September 2018

It depends upon the rules.Court orders could be obtained for correct date of birth.by filing affidavit. If a provision for obtaining the same with Revenue Authorities, you can do so by contacting the Tehsil of your area.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register