LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutam Dey (Engineer)     03 February 2013

Isp falls in shop in establishment act?

I have a question... Though dont have knowledge in laws....

I work for an ISP (Internet Service Provider) in kolkata.  I saw a paper sticking in head office about shop and establishent act written in it. So i posted the the question here....I work in branch office....I work for than 48 hours in a week. My schedule as follows:- Starting from Wednesday...it would be easy for you to understand

Wednesday- 11am-7pm

Thursday-11am-7pm

Friday-10am-6pm

Saturday-10am-6pm

Sunday-5pm to Next Day 10am (alone in branch)

Monday- Get out at 10am

Tuesday- Holiday

My question is I get only Rs 50 for night duty. Is it justified. My company has PF/ESI and I am a permanent employee.

I get the T.A, Night Duty and holidays (example independence day or durga puja) after more than 1 year...Are they doing just fine and i cannot do anything?

Learning

1 Replies

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     03 February 2013

Your organisation (ISP)falls under the purview of Shops and Commercialestablishment act which is registered at theLocal Dist. labour office. As token of a regd. establishment the enrolement licence, staff list and office timings are required to be displayed at a conspicuous place in the said establishment for viewing by public as well as office staffs. In case , there is any violation , you can contact the local labour office for assistance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register