LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja Sundarraman (Advocate)     12 January 2010

Is this a kind of Gambling?

Respected Learned Friends, My Client , a property management Company ,is going to indroduce a Scheme under which  the rent received towards the monthly rent received by them from the prospective tenant of  the Flat  will in turn be given to the owners/ their clients by way of Gold Coins once a year  instead of cash payments. Whether this Scheme will be construed to be a kind of Gambling ?

Learning

6 Replies

shrikant chede (law officer)     12 January 2010

its gambling

RAJ KISHORE VAISH (TEACHER CITIZEN OF INDIA)     14 January 2010

HON'BLE CITIZEN'S

GET THE COPY OF JUDGEMEMT PASSED BY SUPREME COURT OF INDIA IN THE CONTEMPT PITITION NO.203 OF 1996 IN THE MATTER OF RAJ KISHORE VAISH  V/S THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF INDIA AND OTHERS(FEW JUDGES OF HIGH COURT) DO ANY CRIME , ANY CORRUPTION  NOBODY CAN PUNISH YOU TILL THE ABOVE NOTED JUDGEMENT IS LIVE  ...........IN INDIA.

RAJ KISHORE VAISH

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     15 January 2010

//Whether this Scheme will be construed to be a kind of Gambling ?//

It deals with the mode of payment of rent to the owners. It is not gambling. There is no wagering or contigency.

1 Like

CS Pooja (Company Secretary)     15 January 2010

I agree with Mr. Ramesh.

In my opinion it is not gambling for two reasons:

1. The payment/ reward/ compensation is not uncertain or dependent upon happening or no happening of some event.

2. No risk is involved.

3. Till the time the mode of payment is agreed amongst the parties involved/ benefitted, it is not gambling

Pl correct me if I am wrong..

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     10 February 2010

Even I feel it is not gambling , but I sense some mischief in the scheme. What benefit will the property management company get if instead of cash gold is paid? Laws of nature are simple. There is nothing free in this world and unless a logical explanation for such circumvention is found, it would be advisable to remain aloof from  such scheme.

Manogya Chava   13 May 2020

Sir, the following link may be able to give you brief idea on your query https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/should-gambling-be-decriminalized--8289.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register