Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Is this a case of criminal contempt (detailed inside)...

In divorce proceedings, there was a transfer of the Family Court Judge. The wife misbehaved with the new Principal Judge in her very first hearing in an open Courtroom. Apart from shouting, she also leveled allegations on the Judge in the very first hearing. Once again, all of this was in a CCTV-enabled open Courtroom.

After a few days, she even filed an application for transfer of the case. However, the Judge had already transferred the case earlier only. But now the Principal Judge took a "Judicial Note" of the wife's "extremely bad" behavior before the Court. The husband has obtained a certified copy of the same as well.


Question : It has been over 6 months since this episode. Can the husband file a case of Criminal Contempt now as the wife's behvior was scandalous and insulting towards the Court ?  If yes, to whom does this application needs to be submitted ?

Thank You



practicing lawyer

No, You cannot as such miscounduct/misbehave was done before the court and with the P.J.F.C (Judicial Officer) only court have right to file a complainat against her or take action against her beacuse you are not effected party and do not have any locus even.


Jaspal S Maini(Adv)





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x