LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

firoz   03 December 2016

Is there any possibilty to get the rest of my share if my sisters don't cooperat

I am from a Muslim Family. My father and mother died before 10 years. I am only the one son and have three sisters ( all are married). Our house is in my father's name. The total area of land was 59 cent. We partitioned the surrounded land except the house with 11 cent before four years. 
The land was distributed into four parts as 9.5 cent with main road access, 9.5 cent with main road access, 13.5 cent (backyard), 14 cent (backyard). All divisions were equal in value. 1.5 cent was included in the access to backyard properties.
I have got 14 cent land in backyard.  Sisters were my first preference by that time. Situation changed and sisters pocessed the house later. 
As per Muslim Succession Act I have to get double share of what my sisters got from my father's property.
I got only one share until now. Is there any possibilty to get the rest of my share if my sisters don't cooperate? The house is two storied concrete building aged 36 years.
Please Give me a good suggestion.


 2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     07 December 2016

Riroz if ur sister don't cooperate then u need to file court case for recovery of your share.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on my LCI profile?

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao ( )     13 December 2016

Dear Firoz,

As per muslim law, you are required to get double share. however in the earlier partition, you have accepted for single share through documents and now if you seek for remaining share, it may not possible unless your sisters accept for the same. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads