Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dsingh (Tech Sr)     28 April 2010

Is there a way a find out where the divorce case is filed?

I am quite confused and am unable to find on where the case is filed. The girl lives in Delhi with some relative but their parental house is in Sonepat.

My other concern are:

1. Is it legally mandatory for a girl to file a case in city where she lives or she can file a case anywhere.

2. Will the girl have to send notice to the boy address listed on the marriage certificate or they can sent it to any of address listed in the IDs

3. Also, is there  a way to find out on in which court they filed a case and what are their complaints.

thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     29 April 2010

either at place  where the girl has leaved with husband or

place of residence of girl.

from any of the above girl can file complaint or case

kindly also provide your stand whether the inquiry is from girl side or boy side.

other way if any case not filed you can file caveat application i.e. whenever case is filed on subjected matter you should be allowed to raise objection for such case

Dsingh (Tech Sr)     29 April 2010

Thank you for your response.

The query is from the boy side, the mutual divorce application was signed initially and settlement agreement was drafted but the girl side declined to sign a agreement declaring that they have received the settlement money and will not be moving any court for the claim of money or property of the boy.

Now all talks are dead, previously they were threatening us of 498a and stuff like that. Now i am in a fix b/c i don't know where the case is filed or when it will be filed. Can you please let me know how can i get a notification that a case has been filed, and can i file a objection in courts simultaneously.

Thanks

WELL IN THAT CASE KINDLY NOTE NORMALLY DIVORCE CASE IS FILLED BY HUSBAND 

YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE FROM YOUR LOCAL ADVOCATE TO FILE A CASE.

IF CASE IS FILED AGAINST YOU NOTICE WILL BE SERVED UPON YOU, AND YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY AT YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE KNOWN TO HER.

AND CASE TO BE FILED DEPENDING UPON YOUR ADVOCATE SUGGESTION.SO THAT NOT TO HAVE FURTHER COMPLICATION.

(Guest)

contact a lawyer immediately, u r in for big trouble

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     05 May 2010

Dear Author,

No need to worry. U can file a case where both of lastly resided together, where the girl resides or works for gain.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register