LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Yadav   12 December 2021

Is police has rights to order settlement ?

Dear Group,

I want to know Is PSI Police has rights to order to make MOU between both parties for financial settlement ?

Financial payment dispute between both parties. First is waiting to receive payment from Second party since June 2021 as already in police station.

Due to civil matter police station doesn't take interest in this issues since last 5 months.

Now First party went to deputy commissioner office where he had his family PSI police.

PSI call second party in DCP office and force them to make promise notary to deliver payment in one month otherwise Legal action will be taken.

Second party signed on notary and deliver to first party in front of PSI police.

So is there is any rights to police officer to perform such settlement and to give warning.

Please reply. Thanks


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 December 2021

Make a complaint to the Supdt of Police as the intervention of police in civil matters is serious and getting documents under threat is also not proper if there is no element of cheating in the main transaction.  If the amount is lent for interest, then the police is not supposed to intervene in such cases.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     12 December 2021

I concur the advice of expert G.L.N.Prasad.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register