Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesha (Manager)     12 April 2011

Is Plantiff can request Hon. Judge through Post

Respected Members,

I have a civil Partion Suit in one District Court in Karnataka and Date of Hearing 13th June 2011.

I am representing the case for my self.

Is it possible to Request the Hon. Judge in person or through Registerd Post or Court Registrar  asking for permission for absence or posting the Hearing date may be after 6 months.

I have   company  letter for Abroad Visit / Visa / Airtickets as proof of Travel .

Appreciate your help in this regard

Thanks in advance.


 3 Replies

suresh (Advocates and Arbitrators)     12 April 2011

Dear Ramesha,

As per amended CPC, adjournments in civil suits is restricted and time frame has also been fixed. If you fail to file your statement within three hearings,( or within 45 days) from the institution of suit. The Judge can make you as exparte and decree the case in favour of the plaintiff.

thanks and regards


Qudrat Pasha (Advocate)     13 April 2011

Either you have to be present before court or through pleader for representing or filing pleadings.

Naresh Kudal (none)     13 April 2011

Appear before court through council.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register