Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sen (Business)     15 March 2011

Is My Son Legal?

Hello friends,

I've a son from my previous marriage. My second wife (married legally since last 10 years) has no children. She loves my son a lot and all my family members know that. My son is getting married. Some of my (stupid) family members question:

Whether my son is a legal son of my second wife.

This is in the context of whether I can say in the wedding card as "....son of Mr & Mrs Sen..."

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

7 Replies

Sorry to post again (there's no option for modification) :

I would also like to mention here that my son also loves my second wife. His would-be wife and in-laws also know about my second marriage and they have not shown any non-acceptance of her being his step-mother for the occassions held before marriage.

I'm kept to holdi printing of the wedding card (marriage scheduled in April, 2011) for this reason. 

So, request you legal experts to put some light into it.

Thanks again!

snow (xxxxxxxx)     15 March 2011

I dont think there should be any legal problem as u r legally divorced and married ur wife and on top of it they love each other.

I think if it is ok with ur son than u should do a you like.

Iam not a legal expert , so cant advise u on legal obligation, in common there should not be any legal problem as well.

What do you say......................legal expert.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 March 2011

Whether my son is a legal son of my second wife.

- yes, legal.

as "....son of Mr & Mrs Sen..."   ---   yes you may write it, no problem. no hesitation.

1 Like

Democratic Indian (n/a)     15 March 2011

Please go ahead and print the marriage cards as per your desire, you are not doing any crime. Wedding cards are being printed for ONLY purpose of sending invitations for a social occasion called marriage. BTW what "legal problem" are you visualizing?
2 Like

"

- yes, legal.

as "....son of Mr & Mrs Sen..."   ---   yes you may write it, no problem. no hesitation.

"

" Please go ahead and print the marriage cards as per your desire, you are not doing any crime. Wedding cards are being printed for ONLY purpose of sending invitations for a social occasion called marriage. BTW what "legal problem" are you visualizing? "

Thank you. Do you mean to say that I can write " ... son of Mr. [myname] Sen & Mrs. [my second wife's name] Sen..." ?

I do not foreseeing any problem. My very close, so-called, relative, in whose name the wedding card 'should' be printed is asking this question. He had been at our place, stayed with us for 7-10 days twice. As he asked this question, I'm wondering if he would not allow to put his name in the wedding card as head of the family.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     15 March 2011

"son of Mr. [myname] Sen & Mrs. [my second wife's name] Sen"

Why not , if Mr and Mrs. Sen and their son and daughter in law have no problem, why will law have problem with a wedding card? What law are you breaking? Law is nothing but strong logic and reason codified by society.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 March 2011

" Do you mean to say that I can write " ... son of Mr. [myname] Sen & Mrs. [my second wife's name] Sen..." ?"

- yes it is legal. the boy is your second wife's son also. no legal problem there. he inheriate your second wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register