Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is multi level marketing illegal in India

Page no : 2

MANI RAM SHARMA (Advocate)     08 October 2011

LIKE BETTING, GAMBLING OR SPECULATION NOTHING AS PRODUCTIVE WORK IS DONE IN MOST OF MLM ONLY MONEY CHANGES HANDS.

Bina (freelancer)     08 October 2011

I had joined Amway and My Video talk out my free will, failed miserably, I learnt a very valuable lesson that I am not good at Marketing. I wouldn't blame these MLMs for my own failure. What happened to Enron or satyam for that matter , did the employs of such a huge companies ever envisage that they would go bankrupt over night. My perception of easy money is what is lying in the swiss banks, or what is paid under the table. I remember we had to work very hard for Amway and My video Talk, attending trainings, giving presentations, product trainings, we even worked on sundays, so I don't think it is right to say that MLMs are cheating people, they have invested heavily in to the infrastructure and products and training people.   

Bina (freelancer)     08 October 2011

Yes we need to accept the fact Utopia doesn't exist :) thanks for your comment and I too agree with Adv Yadav, Adv Purshottam and Adv Shah. This is what legal advise is all about, without bias :) Thank you all.

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     09 October 2011

Dear User,

MLM is no illegal activity. Unfortunately, owners have misued this concept & cheated lot of people. There is not much trust, it is generally called blade company...

Feel free to contact me, if there are any concerns.

Thanks

Nagaraj

Corporate, Commercial & IP Lawyer

IP Lex Global Services

Email: nagaraja_bs@iplexglobal.in

Mob: 0091-09902007635 / 34

Aulia (Marketing Analyst)     11 October 2011

Bina, regarding MLM it's really not a "black or white" issue.  There are many outstanding companies out there that have used MLM methods for decades with no problem.  It's like anything else - just depends on the backbone of the company.  As always, we need to research them well - check their Mission Statement (if they have one) - do they adhere to it?  One can also simply enter "***name of company***scam" into any Search Engine and see if there is a pattern of scams and complaints.  Rather than MLM itself being regulated, the laws are intended to prevent fraud and deception. 

Bina (freelancer)     11 October 2011

sankalp (ecommerce software development)     09 July 2012

MLM Software is the best concept for network marketing business solutions. Its legality is vary countrywise/ statewise.

Andrew (sfsfsf)     23 July 2012

One of the best money making ideas recently is to participate in community banking. Banks are losing their roles as intermediate in providing loans to their participants (clients) from their own money. People start to help each other by helping with money directly. More information at https://www.income-plan.com

MANI RAM SHARMA (Advocate)     24 July 2012

This may proove an innovative idea to play fraud with public.

Andrew (sfsfsf)     24 July 2012

If you cheat just 1 person, then it will not work. Reputation is the basics. You must prove in the longterm.

MANI RAM SHARMA (Advocate)     24 July 2012

The democracy in India has been working in the environment of cheating for 65 years, and do still continue. What is impossible in India. What is long term ? Ratan Tata, one of the so called honest industialists,  discloses about demand of bribe 15 years ago. Kiran Bedi says about demand of bribe of Rs 5 lacs after her retirement. Are these not sufficient to support my case.

Arun (www.mlmnewsworld.com)     08 October 2013

till date, despite three inter-ministerial groups (IMGs) working in tandem – the latest being the one constituted after the Saradha scam– there is still no clarity over difference between direct selling, MLM and money circulation schemes and what kind of activities attract the provisions of the Prize, Chit and Money Circulation Schemes (Banning) Act (PCMCSA), 1978 and what does not. more can be read on mlmnewsworld.com

rupali mapuskar   08 January 2016

I HAVE A QUESTION....I AM A SMALL CONSUMER OF TUPPERWARE PRODUCTS...THEY GAURANTEE ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS FOR LIFETIME AGAINST DAMAGE....BUT IN FACT THE RETURN PROCEDURE IS AWFUL. ..THEY GIVE YOU PRODUCTS IN EXCHANGE OF SOME DIFFERENT COLOUR..WHICH DOES NOT MATCH YOUR SET...THE PROCEDURE OF EXCHANGE IS ALSO VERY VERY SLOW...IE 2 TO 3 YEARS...IS THIS NOT A HARASSMENT. ..AND DEGRADATION OF CONSUMERS OWN MONEY.....I WONDER IF I CAN MOVE TO CONSUMER COURTS AGAINST IT....IS THERE ANY LAW AGAINST THESE PETTY MATTERS IN MLM??

rupali mapuskar   08 January 2016

I HAVE A QUESTION....I AM A SMALL CONSUMER OF TUPPERWARE PRODUCTS...THEY GAURANTEE ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS FOR LIFETIME AGAINST DAMAGE....BUT IN FACT THE RETURN PROCEDURE IS AWFUL. ..THEY GIVE YOU PRODUCTS IN EXCHANGE OF SOME DIFFERENT COLOUR..WHICH DOES NOT MATCH YOUR SET...THE PROCEDURE OF EXCHANGE IS ALSO VERY VERY SLOW...IE 2 TO 3 YEARS...IS THIS NOT A HARASSMENT. ..AND DEGRADATION OF CONSUMERS OWN MONEY.....I WONDER IF I CAN MOVE TO CONSUMER COURTS AGAINST IT....IS THERE ANY LAW AGAINST THESE PETTY MATTERS IN MLM??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register