LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

THINAKARAN RAJAMANI (Journalism & IT)     20 August 2013

Is medical certificate required for two wheeler license?


I want to take my leaner and driving license for Motor Cycle With Gear (two wheeler). As I don't want to give bribe, I avoid help of driving school.

Now I want to know whether Medical certificate is required for  Motor Cycle With Gear (two wheeler) or not.

I am unable to get this detail clearly from Motor vehicle act, 1988 & Motor vehicle rules, 1989.

Could any one of you please clarify my doubt?

Thank you,

Thinakaran Rajamani


 4 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     20 August 2013

yes medical certificate is compulsory. Doctor is available in RTA office. You can get the certificate from him.

THINAKARAN RAJAMANI (Journalism & IT)     20 August 2013


Is it RTO or RTA? What does RTA stand for?

I am from tamilnadu. Hope, the same procedure has to be followed in any of the indian states.


Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     20 August 2013

RTA means Regional Transport Authority  RTA or RTO means one and the same. Procedure is same in all states.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     20 August 2013

Applicants for the Non-Transport Licences, under the age of 50 years do not require a Medical Certificate. However, those applicants who are over 50 years of age must produce a Medical Certificate. All applicants for Transport Vehicle Licence must produce a Medical Certificate, irrespective of their age.... Please enquire at your RTA offie.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register