LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dpspandey (student)     21 March 2013

Is marriage certicate without photo valid

I got married in June 2010, and got marriage registred on the same day, in Kolkata. The Marriage certificate that i possess do not contain any photographs on it. 

My question is: Is a marriage certificate without the photographs of the couple pasted on it, valid?

I am going to UK. My wife will be going to apply for a dependant VISA for UK. Will a marriage certificate without photographs of couple pased on it, be a valid documentary proof?

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     21 March 2013

@dpspandey,

At the time of registering your marriage you must have submitted Marriage invitation and marriage photos to Registrar Office.  The certificate issued to you is valid... UK Embassy may ask for marriage photos again when your wife apply for visa... So keep them ready...

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 March 2013

In order to be acceptable as a legal document, a Certified Marriage Certificate needs to show the state seal or be imprinted with a seal/stamp. Keepsake marriage certificates are not legal documents.

dpspandey (student)     21 March 2013

So i can assume that a marriage certificate without attested photograph of couple pasted on it, is valid. This is because i have been told by many people that photograph is must in a marriage certificate.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     21 March 2013

What is the problem here? If you don't like your marriage certificate then get a new one made with photos.

www.mehnat.in

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 March 2013

You have to show the couple marriage photograph and video clips if required to the visa officials. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register