LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalaiarasan (S/w Engineer)     16 April 2017

Is latest salary slip required for deciding prolonged hma -24?

Dear sir, My wife is dragging IA filed for maintenance for 2 years now. I have already submitted salary slip once in the court. Now since it is more than a year,and I have changed job, my wife is asking for latest salary slip for deciding maintenance even though she is a software engineer, and is not entitled to maintenance by law(my minor son name is included as second petitioner in the IA). Am I legally entitled to submit my latest salary slip? Any judgement I read in net relies on the written submission of husband and wife, and not the produced salary slip? Can you please advice. Thanks, Kalai


 6 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     16 April 2017

It is not judgement of other cases that always helps you it is how you represent your case.

If you do not produce current salary slip court will consider perviously submitted salary slip as your proof of income and will order maintenance as per that salary slip which is already on record.


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 April 2017

Even if you do not submit the same, she can submit the same through other course.  Always present facts/documents  and make submissions before the concerned judge, and it is he who decides finally.

stanley (Freedom)     17 April 2017

1. whats her salary ? if you are unaware call for her salry slip details also .

2. If custody of the child is awarded to you that you will not have to pay child maintenace .

3. If custody to her than you have to pay child maintenance as it is co-extensive .

4. Yes latest salary slip to be sumbitted . 

A walk alone (-)     17 April 2017

If you collect evidence of her job and show it in court she might not entitled maintenance but your son will get maintenance. Why don't you show yourself jobless or little income? Show yourself jobless. Or show you loose your job because of her torture.

sai narayana   26 April 2017

The interim maintenance is w.e.f. date of filing so your previous salary slip is enough. If she asks new salary slip then tell the judge that "I will submit latest pay-slip provided the effective date/month of order should also change to corresponding month of the pay-slip".

Need Legal Help (Finance consultant)     29 April 2017

If she is educated then she cannot get maintenance even though she is not working. I am not paying anything to my wife and honorable judge wants her to work rather than asking money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register