Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is it violation of civil liberties of millions of people !

My Observations and I quote:

"One married man is driven to suicide every 9 minutes (Source NCRB Data) !! Hon'ble Minister Sh. Veerappa Moily has already assured the citizens of India that all laws will be made gender neutral. S. 498a IPC is the place to start to test a Hon'ble Ministers Public Statement. Can he not see the violation of civil liberties of millions of people under an unconstitutional law like Section 498A IPC ?"

I cannot emphasize this more !

1. Kindly discuss

2. Comments from aam adamai welcome on above observation.

Learning

2 Replies

aatma   21 August 2010

Dr. Arun,

If they amend IPC498A :  Many families will suffer for their earnings including Women Police Station,  magistrate courts, legal professionals who help to draft false dowry complaints, Highcourts, Supreme Court and advocates who appear for falsely accused persons. 

How these people would survive in india without the misuse of IPC498A?  There is no violation of liberty in IPC498A misuse. Instead it helps lot of indian citizens to make money!

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     21 August 2010

Mr Aatma your comment is sarcastic. WE know that laws like 498-A, SC & St Atrocities Act,  and DV are mostly misused. What about a poor husband who was treated cruelly by the wife and her parents. there should be remedy for him also in par with th ewoman.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register