LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Ramesh Yadav   07 September 2023

is it possible to take action against Investigation Officer

In 2019 FIR was registered for forgery U/s 465,471 but now after his transfer to another police station. Now, new I O submitted B summary in view of no strong evidence found.
Please suggest can I do anything against that I O who had registered the FIR. IF yes then where I should approach under what IPC/ CrPc.


 3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 September 2023

The best option is to file suit for damages againt wrongful action in tort.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     08 September 2023

FIR means "First Information Report" which has to be registered as per law on the basis of an information involving cognisable offence.

Correctness or otherwise of the information involved in the FIR has to be determined after proper investigation by the IO.

However, no case is made out against the IO who have registered FIR allegedly containing false information. 

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2023

If police closes the matter after having your materials and concludes that the complaint filed against you was false one, you may file court complaint instead of police report under section 182 IPC or for defamation under section 499 read with 500 IPC against that person.or can file a case for daamages for malkicious prosecution, but since the matter has been closed by filing B report by the IO, you have less chance to prosecute the previous police officer

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register