LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

muddu (as)     19 July 2023

Is it legal to buy a dc converted site which belongs to sc/st ancestral property via land developer?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have bought a residential site 7 years back near Bangalore Rural district of Karnataka. It is developed on a property belongs to SC/ST which ancestral property for the original owner. We have documents from 2000-2001 that shows this is a ancestral property. This property developed by a Developer based on GPA given to him from the original owner of the property. GPA holder (Developer) sold the sites to us in 2016. Do you see any legal issue in the purchase of this DC converted site?




 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 July 2023

Without verifying the relevant documents and papers, cannot form an opinion.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 July 2023

It is not known that when the limitation to alienate the land allotted to SC/ST had come to end in order to enable the land owner to sell the assigned/allotted land to third party especially to an outsider who do not belong to that community?

Therefore it is pertinent to scrutinise the documents before rendering any opinion.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     20 July 2023

Show relevant documents to a local prudent lawyer for appriciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceedings as information provided in the post are insufficient to form proper opinion and oblige by experts on this platform.

1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 July 2023

Section 42 (SC, ST Act) prohibits the sale of sc land without approval. This law was enacted to protect the interests of the SC/ST tribe. However, you can acquire SC land by obtaining authorization from the DM or the collector or with sale permission for land Karnataka.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register