Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (Manager - Sales)     14 March 2013

Is it illegal to make love in a car in india ?

Hi,

A week back me and my girlfriend both 26 and 22 respectively were kissing each other in the car. A Police constable (Cop) who was called on by somebody came and started knocking our car's door. He started writing our car's number and then started asking for our phone number, DL, Pan card and what not.

We were a little scared and then simle asked the guy, what do you want us to do ???? He said, you wud be taken to the local police station, you will be harrassed, your parents would be called and started threatening us. In end asked us 15000 Rs, which was negotiated and was settled at 2500 rs/-.

So basically kissing my girldfriend in the car costed me 2500 INR. I wanted to know is this illegal in India, if YES what are the formalities they follow ? He was telling me, they will take us to local chowki and would only release the girl to the parents, to which I said, she is over 18 and not a child who you would hand over to the parents. We both are legally old enough to know what we are doing. But then you can't win from these .... cops. Pardon me for my french but this is true.

So please advise, what should be done in this case ???

Rgds,

Rahul

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 March 2013

Your French defined as per Indian Law;

KISSING g/f is called simply kissing a g/f.

MAKING LOVE to a g/f in a car that also in a public place is equal to graduating to s*x with g/f that also in a public place. To make Love is another word for s*x hence use your French sparingly in legal portals otherwise simple kissing in public place would not have emptied once  pocket by 2.5 K which I may call as an expensive kiss :-)

Above simple interpretation of Law if not understood then kissing g/f in car in public place should be avoided in current hot situation and donot argue with us that a beat constable posted in a public beat area is simply a bXXxtd. Tomorrow if same girl complains to police then candle light vigil @ India Gate Part II would recreate.

He has the power to report and could have booked you two under the Indian Penal Code S. 294 (obscene act in any public place). So next time be careful about the place you take your g/f for simply KISSING.

For kissing a g/f use her home - your home / hotel / dharamshala / after office hrs. office cabins / company warehouse and least of all places - not a public place. One side we are battling against time on strict women specific laws and other side let us not show finger to the candle lights at India Gate.

Having explained Law of the land I bet now you must be feeling crushing a lawyer's skull with a coconut.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     14 March 2013

LOL @ candle light vigil part II @ India Gate

stanley (Freedom)     14 March 2013

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

One side we are battling against time on strict women specific laws and other side let us not show finger to the candle lights at India Gate.
Having explained Law of the land I bet now you must be feeling crushing a lawyer's skull with a coconut.

And the fem Nazi's look out for such issues and opportunities to bolster their cause using the media as a medium to spread their cause ,just like calling of the spirits from the dead and speaking through their mediums . And than we see the whole of india ( Moms , Dads , Brothers,Sisters, uncle , aunties and even small toddlers in their hands  ) awakening to the cause and protesting with candle lights on one hand and the cops lathi charging on the other hand as though a civil  war  has started :-)

And than when these very people in the not so far away future face false 498 a and DV , They would be on to this forum  or rather at some SIFF picnic put up question's  i have been falsely accused in a case of 498 A and DV now what do i do and how do i face the music when these were the very people who supported the cause and protest's of the femi nazis in support of their gender biased laws :-) and this happens only in india :-) 

And after the aftermath of the december 16 2012 incident you see the media and when you go to read the newsspapers all than we  can read and see is Rape , Rape everywhere as though a epidemic has started similar to the plaques that started in europe and wiped out half of the population .

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     14 March 2013

ha ha funny

https://www.mehnat.in

Avik Sarkar (advocate)     15 March 2013

i would seriously advice couples of abstaining from PDA (public display of affection). even apart from police you can fall prey to jobless bogus civilians and local political cadres who contribute to nothing other than sheer nuisance doing their rounds of moral policing which might be a worse and more grusome experience than falling under the eyes of the regular police. and as rightly mentioned by my learned friend aforesaid that "the situation is hot " in the country now, so let us please not forget that relaxed norms of the law would prevail sometime really late in the future . so till then be safe and use your homes and absolute private areas only. ofcourse everybody has the right to show affection in whatever human ways but please abstain from doing so in public for your own good.

cheers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register