LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ranbir (CO)     04 December 2012

Is is possible to debar a son from prperyt

Any one kindly suggest is it possible to debar a son form properyt. As he is totaly unfathful, no caring, he is doing wel in life but still gives mental tension to get my property. I am saying I will give when I am dead, by will, But he is fighting me to give now, What i will do if i give evry thing to him now. Kindly suggest me....what to do I am old aged....................................... any solution

Learning

3 Replies

Mansi Bhosle (B.L.S./L.L.B.)     04 December 2012

Yes you can debar your son from your assets/property. you need to make a will where you can debar your son from getting your property. You can get in touch for further assistance. Thank you.

surjit singh (Assistant)     05 December 2012

You can debar your son only from the self acquired property and so far your share in the ancestral property,  but cannot debar him from his share in the ancestral property.

Pied Piper (Business)     31 December 2012

Even though it is possible to debar, I suggest you should not do it. Every child (good or bad) deserves equal treatment. You do not have to give what he demands. But give him the share which you are planning to give to your other children. Get no encumberance from him so that he does not make any claim in future.  I am sure you have other children to take care of you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register