Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Is filing rti good option

sir,

is RTI really working..what is the power of it.
what action will be taken if concerned officials doesnt act on the RTI request.
i am thinking of filing a RTI for getting a full statement of my bank records for an account that was closed before 3 years for some claim purpose.the account was held with a nationalized bank.but like to know if RTI is really a right path to take for delays being caused by officials.

Learning

4 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 September 2013

yes  RTI really works ..there are so many cases of rti !

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     27 September 2013

a maximum penalty 25000/=rs can be impose not to give require  detail.

sridhar Domala - 9989493740 (advocate)     27 September 2013

yes,

RTI is a very powerfull weapon of course, but in your case you say that it is your account and it is closed 3 years back, and you want to take your account details, but why? instead of going to RTI i suggest you to first approach the authorities and give a letter for the details.  if they fail to give your details then you can approach other sources.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     29 September 2013

As advocate Sridhar Domala says, you have a right for the information even without the RTI Act. Have you tried by directly writing to the Branch of the Bank? If you have written and they have not replied, you write a second letter saying that if they do not give the information within a specified time, you will complain to Ombudsman. Banks are afraid of the Ombudsman and your threat will work. There will be a service charge for the information you want.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register