Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gagan   30 May 2017

Is FD required to initiate Divorce case ?

I have two important questions to ask: 1) Got a notice with false criminal charges after 7 months of desertion. Lawyer says file a caveat to avoid any ex-parte order in the divorce case (if it is filed too). Is it possible that girl's lawyer gets an ex-parte order from the court by bribing the postman so that I don't get the summon by post & so be treated as an ex-parte in that matter when I don't reach court on the required day because of non-receipt of any summon? 2) When a case moves from women cell to the court, judge asks the boy to submit with the court, a Fixed Deposit of Rs.5 lakh in favour of the girl who filed divorce. Is that true? (if the girl belongs to Delhi & has filed the case in Delhi itself) Regards

Learning

4 Replies

sai narayana   30 May 2017

If the reasons for not receiving the summons is bonafide then you can apply in the court for set-aside the judgment/order/decree.

Gagan   30 May 2017

& what about the FD thing, sir?

sai narayana   30 May 2017

To my knowledge, if an application for recovery of Stridhan is filed along with the Divorce petition then only the necessity to file security in the form of FD or court deposit etc may arise. 

Ms. Usha Hegde (CEO)     30 May 2017

Originally posted by : Gagan
I have two important questions to ask:

1) Got a notice with false criminal charges after 7 months of desertion. Lawyer says file a caveat to avoid any ex-parte order in the divorce case (if it is filed too).
Is it possible that girl's lawyer gets an ex-parte order from the court by bribing the postman so that I don't get the summon by post & so be treated as an ex-parte in that matter when I don't reach court on the required day because of non-receipt of any summon?

2) When a case moves from women cell to the court, judge asks the boy to submit with the court, a Fixed Deposit of Rs.5 lakh in favour of the girl who filed divorce. Is that true? (if the girl belongs to Delhi & has filed the case in Delhi itself)

Regards

You are waving in air.  At the most one could say Hi as possiblities are innumerable.  There is no limit to it.

I think this is matrimonial case, and here you can simply go for settlement and take divorce by mutual.

Rest all talks and worrying is waste.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register