Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashishvidyarthi (engineer)     22 January 2013

Is execution of rcr decree essential for filing of divorce o

Dear experts pl help me in following queries:

1 is execution of rcr decree a necessary prerequisite for filing of divorce petition on ground of no cohabitation for 1 year after passing of decree?

2 does the answer depend on whether decree was exparte or contested?

3does it also depend on whether the person in favour of whom the decree was passed is filing divorce petion or the person against whom it was passed,

Learning

6 Replies

siranjeet (JE)     22 January 2013

execution of RCR  decree is not necessary for filing divorce but can cause problem if  decree is ex parte when u fille divorce because judgment debtor can file setting aside of ex parte decree under order 9 rule 13 of cpc with plea of  date knowledge  i.e came to know ex parte decree when he/she received the summons of divorce

so if contested one then no need to file execution

only decree holder can use RCR decree for filing divirce and not the decree / judgment debtor because one can not take the benefit of her/ his own wrong.

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     22 January 2013

I disagree with siranjeet in light of apex court judgement in case of dharmendra kumar vs usha kumar on 19th aug 1977

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     22 January 2013

Anyway sec 13 hma confers right to file divorce petition after 1 year of no restitution to both parties i.e  person in whose favour decree has been passed as well as against whom it has been passed. this was amended in 1964 perhaps earlier it was open only to person in whose favour decree was granted.

siranjeet (JE)     23 January 2013

ashoksrivastava said,

"Anyway sec 13 hma confers right to file divorce petition after 1 year of no restitution to both parties i.e  person in whose favour decree has been passed as well as against whom it has been passed. this was amended in 1964 perhaps earlier it was open only to person in whose favour decree was granted"

may be right and i might had read old judgment

rajiv_lodha (zz)     23 January 2013

I do not know about whether EXECUTION PETITION IS MUST OR NOT IN POST-RCR SCENE, but one thing is sure, the respondent cannot take advantage of this non-execution of decree

ashishvidyarthi (engineer)     23 January 2013

Rajivji I wish that you are right but the judgement attached suggest differently.

Attached File : 1048995676 nirmla vs prem sagar on 1 may, 1995.pdf downloaded: 309 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register