Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresh (In search of job)     21 November 2010

Is CPIO need to provide the reply of third party to the appl

Dear Ld. members,

For my RTI application to postal department, the CPIO replied third party and rejected information. Later, in my first appeal I told that for third party information, CPIO has to follow section 11 guidelines.

So FAA agreed to it and directed the CPIO to follow section 11 guidelines. Now CPIO replied to me that the third party was not in favour of providing the information, so not providing the information.

1. Is not mandatory to CPIO to provide me the copies of the letter he sent to third party and the reply of the third party to the applicant?

2. If I file another application to provide me those copies (letter to third party and his reply), does he have to provide the copies? If, so under what sections I can request those copies. In my view, that information is part of a public activity, so he should provide.

Please comment on the above questions as well as from your experiences, if you have tried in the above lines, as most of the time CPIO's resort to rejecting information citing third party ... so it is a common occurrence.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register