Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Is bank account number confidential ?

After i got separated, I have changed my job and open the new salary account. And i have not provided that account or my company name to anyone, and only transaction in my account is my salary. Now in HMA 24 maintenace my wife laywer submitted my salary account number to court and court has issued summon. Now i am unable to understand that from where they got my account number.  Can i know if bank has provided that to oppposite party. Can anything be done against it ? Can i ask from bank. Is providing account number by bank is confidentiality breach.

Sorry if it is dumb questiion, i am searching it from couple of days but have not found anything in forums related to it.

xxx

Rather than thinking who disclosed ur Salary account number, you should think about what will the court order on maintenance now and action for misleading the courts.

N.A

Originally posted by : Rakesh
After i got separated, I have changed my job and open the new salary account. And i have not provided that account or my company name to anyone, and only transaction in my account is my salary. Now in HMA 24 maintenace my wife laywer submitted my salary account number to court and court has issued summon. Now i am unable to understand that from where they got my account number.  Can i know if bank has provided that to oppposite party. Can anything be done against it ? Can i ask from bank. Is providing account number by bank is confidentiality breach.

Sorry if it is dumb questiion, i am searching it from couple of days but have not found anything in forums related to it.

Focus on your maintenace case rather than bank.

To handle the case, increase your liabilities so court do not award high maintenace.

FIN

Go thru the information published by your own bank, e.g;

Indian Bank:

PRIVACY POLICY

2. The bank will safeguard, securely and confidentially, any information that the customers share with the Bank. The bank will continue to maintain its tradition of not sharing the transaction information in customers’ account with any one except when required by law or statutory agencies.

4. The bank will give access to customer information to only those employees who are authorized to handle the customer information. Employees who violate Bank’s Privacy Promise will be subject to the Bank’s normal disciplinary process.

5. The bank will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless the bank has previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements have been authorised by the customer or as required by the law and statutory authorities.

https://www.indianbank.net.in/jsp/Privacy_Policy.pdf

Relate with BCSBI Cods, IBA , RBI guidelines….

Your lawyer may arrange to ask OP in court from whom and how IT obtained the statement of account that belongs to you and not OP.

You can ask your bank who passed/shared the copy of account statement and why and on what grounds and by which clause of any agreement signed with you or consent by you?

FIN

Your lawyer can advise you if you can claim compensation from bank and decided cases.

Since IT has already landed in court and you are not likely and expected to refute, pay attention to handle maintenance that court may award.

following

Hi. The bank has not provided account statement, My query is for compromising of account number. Please read question again. Thanks

FIN

Originally posted by : Amit Sehgal
following

Your last post does not convey clear message!

FIN

Read the response once again.

Bak or designated employee must not share....

Now read the statement of spouse or IT's counsel once again.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x