LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jeewan (self emp)     20 July 2011

Is any one aware of this

I am really surprised by the way lawyers have been knowing facts , I asked a team of 6 lawyers that , I am absolutely aware that epilepsy is not a ground for divorce in HMA , but is it a ground for NULLITY /ANNULMENT of marriage . Can any body tell that, void and voidable marriages have this clause, but is this clause applicable even after amendment of HMA , does any one have sections of HMA AFTER AMENDMENT IN 1995, when it was made a rule that epilepsy is not a ground for divorce , any book which has the act after amendment of HMA
Regards

Learning

2 Replies

VIRAJ KADAM (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     20 July 2011

Dear Friend,

The word, “Epilepsy” is omitted under the amendment and the act of the Parliament, 1999, with effect from 29.12.1999. The said amendments are prospective, therefore, for every matter filed after 29.12.1999 these amendments shall apply and by virtue of the same Epilepsy is no ground for divorce.

Regards

VIRAJ KADAM

Advocate, Supreme Court

virajkadam@gmail.com

jeewan (self emp)     26 July 2011

Last but not the least , is it not a ground for NULLITY / ANNULMENT Of marriage also or it is , and if you see there was a concealment of facts is it not a ground for NULLITY of marriage

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register